An exciting new product has hit the market and I’m proud to be working with them in helping to promote the benefits of this tasty new hazelnut spread.
Nuttvia (www.nuttvia.com) has brought out a delicious choccy spread which contains 97% less sugar than other leading brands, it is palm oil free and has been certified with the Orangutan Alliance No Palm Oil Seal.
While other spreads can contain up to 52% sugar, Nuttvia Hazelnut Spread contains only 1.7%, sweetened with Natvia, the 100% natural sweetener. Nuttvia is the only hazelnut spread in the world with a 5 star health rating.
Growing up on special occasions I was allowed to have hazelnut spread on my toast and I absolutely loved it. However back then I was unaware it contained palm oil and the damages that deriving Palm oil causes on both forests and the animals including Orangutans and the Sumatran Tigers inhabiting those forests.
So here are some quick facts about Palm Oil:
- Palmoil is an edible vegetable oil derived from the mesocarp of the fruit of the oil palms.
- Palm oil is extremely high in Saturated fat. One tablespoon of this oil contains 55% of your recommended daily intake of saturated fat.
- Up to 300 football fields of forest are cleared every HOUR to make room for palm plantations
- In the past 10 years, the orangutan population has decreased by 50% as the result of habitat loss from forest clearing for palm plantations.
I hope you will enjoy this new product as much as I do. So with a new understanding and awareness of the damages Palm oil does to our environment. I hope you get behind the Orangutan Alliance (http://orangutanalliance.org/) in saying NO to products with Palm oil.
I absolutely love to eat hazelnut spread on toast but here are some other quick & Healthy snack options.
- Rice cakes with Nuttvia spread and sliced banana.
- Banana & Nuttvia Sushi – heat a soft wrap in microwave for 20 seconds, spread with Nuttvia then wrap a whole banana in it. Cut into small sushi slices.
- Nuttvia Paddle Pops – combine 1/2 cup Nuttvia and 1 1/2 cups milk in a food processor and combine. Pour into 6 popsicle molds and freeze for at least 6 hours.
So, get out there and purchase this new absolutely awesome hazelnut spread knowing that it’s very low in sugar, has ZERO palm oil, ticks all the boxes for the environment and still tastes absolutely delicious.
Available at New World & Pak n Save.
@nuttvia #nuttvia #spreadgood #palmoilfree #collab